Cedar Creek Church was born in the hearts of four area families who had a vision for a new kind of outreach in the community for sharing the love of Jesus. The group that started our church initially began praying about the idea in the fall of 1992 and began meeting for prayer and Bible study in February of 1994. They continued meeting for Bible study, did demographic studies and began to seriously consider calling a pastor in the spring of 1996. This involved putting together a call committee, which included the four Hayfield families, two people from Bethel church in Owatonna and one from Elim Baptist (now Oasis) church in Rochester. In November of 1997, the first worship service (at that time called Hayfield Community Church) was held in a home and one month later at the Hayfield school. Paul Heppner was then called to be the pastor of this new church in April of 1998. During the next nine months, the church met privately to restart, cast vision, choose the name Cedar Creek Church and then hold two preview services at the School in late 1998. Our first public service for Cedar Creek Church was officially held on January 24, 1999 in the Hayfield High School. We continued services there the next eight years until a donated former bank building was renovated into our new church home. Our first worship service was held in our present building in February of 2007 with a grand opening celebration in March of 2007. Shortly after this milestone event, Pastor Heppner announced his resignation to start a new church in Faribault, MN. In February of 2008, we called Pastor Aaron de Neui as our new pastor. Pastor Aaron moved with his family to Hayfield and began ministry in March of 2008.
- Feeding children from the community, physical and spiritual food, through our Wednesday night KAMP Kid's Club program
- Our Food shelf at church
- Partnering with other churches and our community in reaching the less fortunate through the "Thanksgiving in a Bag" and "Share Christmas" Programs
- Partnering with "Together for Good" in reaching out to local mothers in distress and vulnerable children with safe options
- International outreach through "Operation Christmas Child", partnering with" Back2Back" orphan care in India and Mexico, supporting "Wycliff Bible Translation" in Papua New Guinea, and "His Legacy" in Ukraine.
- Cedar Creek has also, as God has led, come alongside other ministries such as "Destiny Rescue", and their ministry to young girls caught in the sex trafficking industry in Asia.
|Sunday morning service||10:00 AM|
Cedar Creek Church
30 East Main Street
PO Box 224
Hayfield, MN 55940